How To Make Weed Brownies?
To make weed brownies, mix cannabutter, melted unsweetened chocolate, coconut sugar, Kosher salt, vanilla extract, eggs, and all purpose flour in a mixing bowl. Bake the batter in an oven no hotter than 230F (110C) for 25-30 minutes.
How To Make Weed Brownies
Ingredients (4 servings):
1/4 ounce finely ground cannabis buds
1 cup unsalted butter
½ cup unsweetened chocolate
1 ¾ cups coconut sugar
½ tsp kosher salt (that’s fancy for kitchen salt)
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
⅔ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat The Oven
Preheat oven to 230F (110C) and grease a 9 by 13-inch baking pan. Afterward, place chocolate in a large glass mixing bowl and melt in the microwave or over a saucepan of boiling water.
2. Make Cannabutter
Making Cannabutter is simple and easy. If you don’t know how to make your own yet, you can read the next set of instructions below. Remember to decarboxylate the weeds prior to infusing the butter with it to activate the cannabinoids.
How To Make Cannabutter?
1 cup butter
1/2 ounce (14 grams) of ground cannabis
1. Before we infuse cannabis into the butter, it needs to be decarboxylated first. We wrote about why decarboxylation is an important step in making edibles. Some recipes will suggest decarboxylating the weed directly into the hot butter. But cannabutter will taste better if the weed stays for a shorter time in the melted butter.
2. Grind the decarboxylated cannabis coarsely with a hand grinder. Do you need a weed grinder? We wrote about where to buy weed grinders online for you to check out.
3. Add a cup of water and a cup of butter into a stock pan and simmer on low until the butter melts. Adding water helps regulate the temperature and prevents the butter from burning. Maintain low heat, and let the mixture simmer for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally. The mixture should never come to a full boil.
4. Strain the cannabutter by setting up a funnel on top of a jar and lining it with cheesecloth or a strainer. Once the mixture has cooled off, pour it over the funnel and allow it to strain on its own. Avoid squeezing the cheesecloth as it may push more bad-tasting plant material into the cannabutter.
5. Refrigerate the jar of butter. If excess water forms at the bottom of the jar, you can remove the solid butter with a knife and drain the water out. Do this step an hour after refrigeration to ensure that the butter has fully solidified and separated from the water.
3. Mix It Up
Add the cannabutter, coconut sugar, salt, and vanilla into the melted chocolate. Afterward, add in the flour. Mix well until all the air pockets have been popped. Get the greased baking pan and pour the batter over. Using a silicone spatula, smooth out the surface to make it look nice. Before popping it in the oven, give it a few taps to ensure that the cake becomes dense after baking
Bake the prepared batter for 25-30 minutes at 230F / 110C. Don’t turn your oven any hotter or you will break down the THC. Make sure to check if the batter is cooked all the way through by sticking in a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean, then the brownie is cooked all the way. If there is batter sticking on the toothpick, continue to cook the batter in the oven. Turn off the heat but leave it in for a few more minutes.
5. Cool It Off
Take the baking pan out of the oven. Cool it before slicing it. Make sure that it is completely cooled off before storing. If you’re using someone else’s kitchen, label the brownies as edibles to make sure everyone knows it isn’t regular brownies. This recipe serves 4 people. Using a dosage calculator, this recipe has a dosage of 157.5 Mg of THC per serving assuming your weed isn’t stronger than 15% THC. However, this information may vary depending on the strain you will be using as strains have different THC content in them.