Cannabis tinctures are cannabis extracts, wherein the primary solvent is alcohol. They are commonly packed in tiny glass vials with droppers as caps for simple administration and are administered orally, sublingually, or blended in foods or beverages. Tinctures are a popular way to take cannabis without having to inhale or burn it.
A simple series of steps to prepare a Cannabis tincture is provided below:
- Decarb your marijuana material.
- In a mason jar, combine the flower or concentrate with high-proof alcohol.
- Shut the jar.
- Shake the jar every day for three weeks and store it in a cold, dark area.
- After three weeks, filter the mixture using a coffee filter. Place the tincture in a glass vial.
- Put the eyedropper in the vial and store your homemade cannabis tincture in a cold, dark place.