Dispensaries in Lowell, MA
Since the legalization of Cannabis in Massachusetts in 2012 for medical use and in 2016 for recreational purposes of adults, the Cannabis industry has progressed. Different dispensaries are now available in different parts of Massachusetts, including the city of Lowell.
These dispensaries in Lowell offer a wide range of products for the recreational and medical use of Cannabis. They market flowers, pre-rolls, vaporizers, concentrates, edibles, tinctures, and many more. All you need to do is see it yourself and walk into the nearest dispensary.
Dispensaries in Lowell, MA
What are the best dispensaries in Lowell, MA?
Great dispensaries are all around Massachusetts and its city like Lowell. To save time from scrolling through the best dispensaries in Lowell, MA, here is the list of Lowell’s best recreational and medical dispensaries. These dispensaries have their best customer service and a wide range of Cannabis products like flowers, concentrates, edibles, tinctures, and many more.
683 Rogers St, Lowell, MA 01852, United States
"Smyth Cannabis Co. is a recreational cannabis dispensary and craft cannabis cultivator located in Lowell, Massachusetts. Our dispensary offers the highest quality cannabis flower, pre-rolls, edibles, concentrates, and more."
450 Chelmsford St Unit #7, Lowell, MA 01851, United States
"Our recreational and medical cannabis dispensaries care deeply about the customers and patients for which they serve. Our wide range of top quality in-house brands and a broad selection of other Massachusetts-local brands, coupled with best-in-class service, make our dispensaries warm and welcoming to all customers and patients."
1148 Bridge St, Lowell, MA 01850, United States
"Reverie 73 is more than a cannabis dispensary. It’s a comfortable space for all people to come in, follow curiosities, and try new things. Our Muses work hard to keep our spaces clean and bright and to ensure that, here, you’ll be treated as a member of our family. Feel free to join us, ask questions, and maybe even make some friends along the way."
19 School St, Dracut, MA 01826, United States
"We believe that Cannabis is for everyone. And no matter your lifestyle or level of wellness, there is a way for this humble plant to improve your well-being. That’s why making you comfortable and helping you feel informed is the foundation of every RISE store experience."
149 Broadway Rd, Dracut, MA 01826, United States
"Lazy River Products is a cannabis cultivation and product manufacturer with a retail dispensary that aims to produce the highest quality cannabis products. From Cannabis concentrates, premium flowers, and edibles to topicals, tinctures, and vape products, Lazy River has all of your adult-use cannabis needs covered."
1260 Westford St, Lowell, MA 01851, United States
"Dabs. Love drops. Stress-squashing pre-rolls. Is photosynthesis great, or what? At Ascend, we believe there is endless potential for what Cannabis can be as a product and a positive force in culture. We are a multi-state, multi-use, multi-anything store with a menu designed to cater to individual tastes and interests."
How much does Cannabis cost in Lowell, MA?
The cost of Cannabis in Lowell, MA, has dropped since the pandemic lockdown. The average price before entering 2022 was $340 per ounce. It is the lowest average price since the passage of the law allowing adult use in the state of Massachusetts.
In May 2022, the average price of Cannabis for adult use was $312.78. If we compare this to the average price of $397.48 in May 2021, there is a 21.3% decrease in just a year. With this average price per ounce of $312.78, the cost of Cannabis per gram is $11.17.
Lowell’s average price per gram of weed in medical dispensaries is $10, while $12 is for recreational dispensaries.
Which dispensaries in Lowell, MA, are the cheapest?
Dispensaries in Lowell, MA, are just around. They offer different products at reasonable prices. Here are some dispensaries in Lowell, MA, with the corresponding prices of their cheapest Cannabis products per one gram:
|Name of Dispensary||Address||Price per One Gram|
|Smyth Cannabis Co. Recreational Dispensary||683 Rogers St, Lowell, MA 01852, United States||$5.70/gram|
|Mayflower Cannabis – Recreational||450 Chelmsford St Unit #7, Lowell, MA 01851, United States||$7.10/gram|
|Ascend Cannabis Delivery||1260 Westford St, Lowell, MA 01851, United States||$7.10/gram|
|RISE Recreational Marijuana Dispensary Dracut||19 School St, Dracut, MA 01826, United States||$7.10/gram|
|Reverie 73 Lowell||1148 Bridge St, Lowell, MA 01850, United States||$10.20/gram|
Is Cannabis legal in Lowell, MA?
Cannabis is legal in Massachusetts and its territories. Mainly, it is legal for adults aged 21 years and older. They are allowed to cultivate up to six plants for personal use. The MGL c. 94G is the primary law in Massachusetts about the possession of Cannabis in the state.
Users may have up to one ounce of flowers and up to five grams of any Cannabis concentrate outside their residence. However, using Cannabis in public places is strictly prohibited in Massachusetts.
In addition, under MGL c.94C § 32L, the possession of 2 ounces or less of Marijuana for individuals 18 to 21 years old shall be a civil offense that charges a one hundred dollars penalty and forfeiture of the Marijuana.
For offenders under 18 years old, according to MGL c.94C § 32M, the law gives the same penalty of one hundred dollars. Also, they need to complete a drug awareness program and a community service option and call the attention of the parents or legal guardians.
Can you buy Cannabis in Lowell, MA, if you are not from the United States?
If you are not from the United States, a possible immigration risk could happen when you are possessing, using, selling, growing, and even visiting Cannabis dispensaries in Lowell, MA. It is even though Cannabis is legal here. It becomes a misconception of the non-US citizens residing in this state that the legal status of Cannabis protects them. However, when it comes to immigration purposes, federal law controls it.
Cannabis is considered a Schedule 1 drug under federal law, as stated in the Controlled Substances Act. It means that it is not accepted for medical use and has a high potential for abuse. Thus, despite the state law of Massachusetts decriminalizing it, they are illegal under federal law and can have immigration consequences.
Immigration penalties or consequences of using or possessing Cannabis are high. The federal government determines these as they have control over immigration matters. If non-US citizens are found to have possessed or used Cannabis, the federal government will do the following:
- deny the approval of the green card;
- reject the application for naturalization; and
- decline your return to the US after foreign travel.
You may read Immigrant Resource Learning Center (ILRS) to know more about the regulations of non-US citizens and Cannabis.
How much tax is there on Cannabis in Lowell, MA?
Massachusetts imposed an excise tax for the sale of Cannabis or any Cannabis-derived products at a rate of 10.75% of the total sales price received by the retailer. Also, a 6.25% sales tax is applied to retail purchases of all Marijuana and any Marijuana products. There is also an optional local excise tax of up to 3% on all Marijuana and any Marijuana products retail purchases.
In addition, if you are a holder of a Medical Marijuana Card, you are exempted from Tax. Another good thing about tax law in Cambridge, MA, is that they do not impose Wholesale Tax and Cultivator Tax.
To better understand the Marijuana tax, you may read the MGL c.64N, which governs its details.
What are the regulations for recreational Cannabis in Lowell, MA?
The recreational use of Cannabis in Lowell, MA, is embedded in MGL c. 94G, regulating the use and distribution of Marijuana not medically prescribed. The following are the essential rules and guidelines that you need to abide by when using recreational Cannabis in Lowell, MA;
- Recreational Cannabis is allowed only for adults aged 21 years old and above.
- An adult may possess up to one ounce or 28 grams of Marijuana and up to five grams of Marijuana concentrate. If you are in your residence, you may possess up to 10 ounces of Marijuana.
- Using Cannabis in public is not allowed in Lowell, MA. Also, smoking Cannabis is prohibited in cities and establishments that ban smoking tobacco. Thus, it would be best to enjoy your Cannabis in the safety of your residence.
- Cannabis may be legal now in Lowell, MA; however, driving under the influence of Marijuana is strongly prohibited.
- People using Cannabis for personal or recreational use are not disqualified from any medical procedure or treatment. That includes organ and tissue transplants.
How much recreational Cannabis can I buy at a time in Lowell, MA?
The legality of recreational Cannabis in Lowell, MA, does not guarantee that you can buy or possess too much Cannabis. You may have up to an ounce of Cannabis and at most five grams of any Cannabis concentrates that you can carry legally outside your home.
Based on paragraph 2 in section 7 of MGL c.94G, a person is allowed to have 10 ounces of Marijuana in their primary residence. Also, they can possess, cultivate, or process no more than six Marijuana plants for personal use.
Can you consume Cannabis in public in Lowell, MA?
Where is it legal to consume Cannabis in Lowell, MA?
As we know, the state law of Lowell, MA, does not allow consuming Cannabis or smoking Cannabis where hitting tobacco is prohibited. You may only enjoy your Cannabis or any Cannabis products on your property, private property, or establishment where you have permission.
However, subsection c of section 13 MGL c.94G does not apply to a person who uses Marijuana or any Marijuana products in a designated place of Marijuana establishments. Particularly in those towns or cities that voted to allow consumption on the premise where Marijuana or any Marijuana products are sold. In addition, they shall not be construed to limit the medical use of Cannabis.
How to get a medicinal Marijuana Card in Lowell, MA?
The state of Massachusetts gives the physician the authority to determine whether or not a particular patient’s condition needs medical Marijuana to improve. If the attending physician determines that you need the help of Medical Marijuana to improve your condition, you will be given a Medicinal Marijuana Card.
To get Medical Marijuana in Lowell, MA, you need to follow the following two-easy-steps:
Step 1. Consulting a Physician
You must consult a licensed physician in Massachusetts regarding your condition to get this medical card. Then, the physician will assess whether you qualify for the medical card based on your medical history. You may also do it virtually, as the Cannabis Control Commission allows doctors to have initial patient certification online. You may visit the Massachusetts Medical Marijuana Doctors website to check out a comprehensive list of authorized physicians.
Indeed, an attending physician will base their decision on the provided debilitating medical conditions as follows:
- Positive status for Human Immunodeficiency Virus
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Crohn’s Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
In addition, the attending physician can recommend medical conditions such as PSTD, arthritis, anxiety, and other conditions as determined in writing by a qualifying patient’s physician.
Step 2. Registering in the States’ Medical Use of Marijuana Program
After consulting an authorized physician, a Personal Identification Number (PIN) is provided to be able to register for the medical program online. Upon registering, you need to present a valid form of ID and an updated photograph of yourself, and proof of residency in Lowell, MA.
If you have all these requirements prepared, you must submit your registration and pay a $50 registration fee. Once you are done, they will issue a temporary paper ID card that will expire after four weeks from the day of registration. You may use this temporarily while waiting for your plastic ID card in the mail, which usually takes 1 to 2 weeks to arrive.
To learn more about the medical Marijuana card available in Lowell and the rest of the cities in Massachusetts, you may read the Act of Humanitarian Medical Use of Marijuana.
What are the rules for medicinal Marijuana in Lowell, MA?
The use of medicinal Marijuana must come with responsibility. If you violate this, you will face serious consequences based on the existing state law of Massachusetts. You should take the following rules seriously if you are given the privilege of a Medical Marijuana Card:
Do’s for medicinal Marijuana in Lowell, MA
- Purchase as a medical patient since some medical side of a product is not available recreationally. Also, recreational Marijuana is expensive since they are subject to excise tax.
- Medical Marijuana products vary in potency, unlike their recreational counterparts. Thus, you need to learn how much Cannabis is in a serving and start slow.
- It would be best to research Cannabis products before stepping inside a dispensary. Do some scrolling about edibles, concentrate, and vaporizers. You can ask specific questions to budtenders if you have the basic knowledge about different Medical Marijuana products.
- Dispensaries have a website where online menus are posted. Thus, it would be best to familiarize yourself with these online menus. It gives the customer an idea of their products and their benefits.
- Another way to enjoy an advantage of your Medical Marijuana Card is to join a dispensary Loyalty or Reward Program. Some of your favorite dispensaries offer this one to give their loyal customers exclusive benefits.
Don’ts for medicinal Marijuana in Lowell, MA
- Sharing your intention to make your Medical Cannabis product purchase as a gift to someone is not allowed in most dispensaries. You need to understand that Massachusetts Medical card holders receive tax exemptions, and there are qualifying conditions to get one. Those without cards can still buy legally at adult-use dispensaries.
- Using Cannabis in public places is not allowed. Also, you are not allowed to light up and smoke Cannabis in areas where they ban tobacco smoking.
- Do not pay through online banking. The Cannabis industry is cash-only because of the federal scheduling of Cannabis. Thus, most banks fear repercussions from handling "drug money." Most dispensaries have ATMs onsite to withdraw cash, but to avoid ATM fees and the potential of not having enough cash if the ATM is out of service, better prepare cash on hand.
- Never drive under the influence of Medical Cannabis. Whether or not you are a medical holder, driving under the influence is illegal. Some states in the US imposed protection that requires impairment to be proven. In Massachusetts, there is no accepted standard for THC impairment. They do not have a chemical testing device to determine Cannabis intoxication.
How much medicinal Cannabis can I buy at a time in Lowell, MA?
Despite the legality of medical and recreational in Lowell, MA, users can face repercussions and fines if they possess and purchase too much. A patient can purchase and possess Medical Marijuana with a maximum of 10 ounces that can last up to 60-day supplies.
You can keep a maximum of 10 ounces of Medical Marijuana and 1.5 ounces of Cannabis concentrates at home. However, if you are in public, you can only carry an ounce of Medical Cannabis, and an ounce of Cannabis concentrates.
What are the nearby cities in Lowell, MA, where you can buy Cannabis?
Cannabis dispensaries are all over the state of Massachusetts. You can purchase recreational or medical Cannabis in these cities if the Cannabis products you are looking for are unavailable in your area. The following are the nearby cities in Lowell that are at most 19 miles from Lowell, MA:
- 19 miles: Boxborough, MA
- 18 miles: Woburn, MA
- 18 miles: Hudson, NH
- 18 miles: West Acton, MA
- 18 miles: Ayer, MA
- 17 miles: Boxboro, MA
- 16 miles: Lexington, MA
- 15 miles: Littleton, MA
- 14 miles: Concord, MA
- 14 miles: Burlington, MA
- 11 miles: Bedford, MA
- 10 miles: Westford, MA
- 9 miles: Billerica, MA
- 9 miles: Pelham, NH
- 6 miles: North Billerica, MA