The 5 Best Bong Cleaners For A Better Smoking Experience
Let me ask you something. When was the last time you cleaned your bong? I bet it’s been so long you don’t even remember. It’s time! I know you may be a bit resistant to do it, but that’s why today I’m going to give you a few good reasons why you should. Plus, I will show you how to clean your bong easily and provide a list of the best bong cleaners money can buy. Without breaking the bank, of course!
The Best Bong Cleaners
What Are The Benefits Of Cleaning Your Bong Regularly?
Not many people think cleaning their bong is a priority, but it should be because it makes a big difference in your experience. First of all, a clean bong will get you high a lot faster. If you think about it, it’s kinda obvious! If your bong is dirty and clogged, you won’t be smoking fresh, no matter how fresh your stash actually is.
Second, your hits will be smooth as velvet. One of the big reasons you’re using a bong in the first place is to cool down the smoke and smooth it out so your hits can be more satisfying. If it’s dirty, it won’t be able to fulfill that purpose! Not to mention it will taste fresher too.
Third, your weed will last longer. If your bong is all clogged up, it won’t be nearly as efficient as it could be. There will be less smoke and you’ll need to use more weed. A clean bong is a lot more useful!
Fourth, your lungs will be free of bacteria. Remember your biology classes at school? One of the many things we learned is that bacteria is a huge fan of dirty water, especially if it has been sitting in your bowl for months and months. If you want to take care of your health, you’ll keep your bong nice and clean at all times.
These four reasons are powerful enough to convince anyone that a clean bong is the way to go. Plus, dirty bongs smell awful and they taste awful as well. Not to mention the longer they’re kept that way, the more difficult it will be to clean them and restore them to their original glory.
How Often Should I Clean My Bong?
Now that you know why it’s so beneficial to keep your bong clean, you may be wondering how often you should do it. The answer is: after every use. Yes, I know that seems like an inconvenience. After all, the last thing you want to do when you’re stoned is clean. But you must if you want your weed sessions to be truly amazing.
How to Clean Your Bong With Bong Cleaners
Cleaning your bong is easier if you have the best bong cleaning product, but it’s not a requirement. You can still get the job done with water, salt, and alcohol. For small parts, use a quarter cup of alcohol and a tablespoon of salt. For bigger parts, use half a cup of alcohol and two tablespoons of salt.
- The first thing you want to do is empty your bong and get rid of all the dirty water. Do this through the slide rather than through the mouthpiece to avoid contamination.
- Then rinse everything with hot water several times. Pay attention to the bowl and down stem as well and then place them in separate plastic bags or plastic containers with lids.
- Next, you want to add the alcohol and salt to the bong, bowl, and down stem. If the stains on the bong refuse to let go, let everything sit for a while and add more salt when you’re ready. When you’re doing this, use something to cover the bong’s openings and make sure the plastic bag with the other parts is tightly sealed.
- Now you need to shake the solution vigorously but carefully so the salt can scrub everything off for you. Do this for 2 to 5 minutes. Once you’re done, rinse everything with warm water until the solution is completely gone. Then, let it air dry and it will be good to go!
PRO STONER TIP: If your bong still has stains, you can soak it overnight with the cleaning solution, wash it, and then put it in your dishwasher using the low-temperature program for good measure.
How to Clean an Acrylic or Plastic Bong
The process of how to clean an acrylic bong is not much different than what I just explained. You’ll still need water, alcohol, and salt. The same goes for plastic bongs!
- First, empty the bong. Then, rinse the mouthpiece, base, and chamber of the bong with hot water. Swirl the water and continue dumping it through the slide. Do this several times.
- Next, separate the pieces and place them in plastic bags or plastic containers with lids and add the alcohol and water solution to each of them. Follow the same measurements provided above. Then, shut everything tightly and shale each bag or container.
- Lastly, dump the dirty solution and then rinse everything with warm water several times. You can also clean them with soapy water for an extra step. Then, let them air dry before using.
How to Clean a Dab Rig
Does your dab rig need cleaning too? I can help with that! All you need is alcohol, coarse sea salt, cotton swabs, and plastic bags or containers.
- The first thing you should do to clean the nail or banger is to heat it with a lighter until the residue burns off. If there’s not much buildup, this could be enough. You could also top it off with a cotton swab soaked in alcohol.
- But if that’s not enough to clean it, you need to place the nail in a plastic bag or container and let it soak in alcohol and salt.
- To clean your rig, you need to dump out the dirty water and fill it with alcohol and coarse sea salt until the bottom of the base is covered. Then, cover the holes of the rig and start shaking. Lastly, rinse everything with warm water until the solution is gone and let it air dry.
How to Clean a Bubbler
Your bubbler needs attention too, and the process is not much different either. You’ll still need alcohol, salt, water, and plastic bags.
First, empty out your bubbler and then fill the bubbler with the solution of alcohol and salt. Use the plastic bags to cover the holes of the bubbler. If you want to soak the bubbler instead, you can place it in a container that’s large enough, fill it with the solution, and let it sit for 30 minutes to an hour. Or you can also leave it overnight!
Then, all you have to do is rinse everything thoroughly with warm water until the solution is gone and then let it air dry completely before you use it again.
The Resölution cleaning kit is perfect because it provides everything you need to clean out your glass and metal bongs, dab rigs, or hand pipes. They provide a resealable bag, the reusable Resölution Non-Toxic Cleaning Gel, and silicone caps to seal the bong or rig so you can shake the solution without making a mess. There are also cleaning brushes included for the small pieces, which are harder to clean.
The Bong Blaster cleaner is perfect for bongs, hand pipes, vaporizers, and shishas. It’s not meant for synthetic or anodized parts, so keep that in mind. This powder will allow you to clean your bong super easily. All it takes is up to 2 teaspoons of the powder and hot water. Let it act for 5 minutes or longer if the bong is too dirty, and then you can rinse it with hot water and let air dry.
The Formula 420 cleaner is perfect for silicone and plastic bongs and other items. It’s super easy to use and it acts quickly. It’s also biodegradable and Eco-friendly. The Formula 420 cleaner is available in two sizes: 4 ounces and 12 ounces, so you can choose the one that serves you the most. It’s a must-have product for people who prefer silicone and plastic items and it will make your life a lot easier.
This is another Formula 420 product and it’s a cleaning solution formulated for small pieces. It won’t require any scrubbing and it’s safe to use on glass, metal, and ceramic. The cleaning solution acts fast and it’s super easy to use. It will allow you to clean slides, hand pipes, and other small items that would usually require scrubbing.
Last but not least, we have the Purple Power soaking solution, which is perfect for glass and acrylic bongs, pipes, and other items. It’s not meant for metal items, so keep that in mind. It’s easy to use, doesn’t require scrubbing, and it’s available in three sizes: 8 ounces, 16 ounces, and 32 ounces. It will easily remove tar, resin, and all kinds of build-up without any scrubbing.